Moderators: Moderators, Admin Team

TEAMYAKIMA
Chinarail Forum Member
antispam: No
The middle number please? (6): 6

CHINESE LOCO HORNS & WHISTLES - SOUND FILES

Post by TEAMYAKIMA » 02 Sep 2020, 20:02

Hello

Now, firstly let me apologise that I have asked similar questions to this on other forums in the past and some of you here may have replied to me, but TBH I have lost track (no pun intended) of who has replied, when and where.

So, starting from the beginning (again) ........................

I want to install speakers under my layout which will 'play' Chinese loco horns - so there will be relatively large speakers under the baseboards rather than in the locos themselves.

I am looking for sound files of Chinese steam and diesel horns which can be 'installed' into the electronics which drives the speakers.

I must point out that my knowledge of this is VERY limited and the electronics are being done by a friend - all he needs now are the sound files. Can anyone isolate the horn sound from a video or maybe a sound recording?

Thanks again and apologies (again) if anyone has already , years ago , been in touch with me on this. I am only now getting to grips with this project.

Paul

TEAMYAKIMA
Chinarail Forum Member
antispam: No
The middle number please? (6): 6

Re: CHINESE LOCO HORNS & WHISTLES - SOUND FILES

Post by TEAMYAKIMA » 12 Sep 2020, 19:39

Hello again

I am receiving some very useful practical help with my 'whistles and horns' project from another member of this forum - I won't name him in case he gets inundated with similar requests for help - but many thanks to him anyway.

Having listened to many videos in the last couple of days may I ask if others agree that the standard steam horn is basically the same as the standard diesel horn.

Also may I ask if people have an idea when whistles and horns were used. I have heard it suggested that horns were used for signalling to each other when starting off or leaving a station but whistles were used when open running e.g. approaching a level crossing - any thoughts?