Help wanted - Bachmann coach destination boards

Moderators: Moderators, Admin Team

TEAMYAKIMA
Chinarail Forum Member
antispam: No
The middle number please? (6): 6

Help wanted - Bachmann coach destination boards

Post by TEAMYAKIMA » 30 Dec 2020, 13:59

I have about 60 Bachmann coaches, but I have never fitted the plastic coach destination boards which come as an add-on detail.

I have plenty of time on my hands now and so I thought I would finally get around to fitting them. I have actually got out a magnifying glass and read the departure/destination stations on the plates - YES, I have become that obsessed!

I haven't got enough of any particular route and so may I ask ...

1. Does anyone else have any unfitted coach destination boards?

2. If so would you be prepared to swap or can we do a deal?

I realise that I am a very sad person, but I would love to get these coach rakes all perfect - even if you need to get a magnifying glass out to notice the detail!

galaxy_gfx
Chinarail Forum Member

Re: Help wanted - Bachmann coach destination boards

Post by galaxy_gfx » 04 Jan 2021, 14:34

Hello,

If you can wait a few more months, I could put a complete set of destination boards on a decal sheet which will then be colour laser printed. Can you post a link to a photo of a destination board you prefer? You could then just spray all destination boards over with white primer and apply the decals.

Cheers,
Zsolt

trashmaster
Chinarail Forum Member

Post by trashmaster » 17 Jan 2021, 00:55

TEAMYAKIMA wrote:
30 Dec 2020, 13:59
I have about 60 Bachmann coaches, but I have never fitted the plastic coach destination boards which come as an add-on detail.

I have plenty of time on my hands now and so I thought I would finally get around to fitting them. I have actually got out a magnifying glass and read the departure/destination stations on the plates - YES, I have become that obsessed!

I haven't got enough of any particular route and so may I ask ...

1. Does anyone else have any unfitted coach destination boards?

2. If so would you be prepared to swap or can we do a deal?

I realise that I am a very sad person, but I would love to get these coach rakes all perfect - even if you need to get a magnifying glass out to notice the detail!
Hey Paul!
I do have the exact same problem, but so many different destinations that I more or less gave up on getting one type on the whole train. I can check mine for destinations and train types and take photos if you like. But I think we would need a whole group of people exchanging signs for making poperly labled trainsets.

I also had the idea of 3d printing signs and preparing decals on a laser printer. Sadly the letters on the signs have to be extremely small and the printers I had access where not even close to reaching that resolution. :(

Cheers, Georg
---
Georg

TEAMYAKIMA
Chinarail Forum Member

Post by TEAMYAKIMA » 19 Jan 2021, 19:15

Apologies for not replying sooner to both of you - I thought the website would contact me if anyone replied.

I have five passenger trains.

I have managed to complete two trains

25G - 19 cars BEIJING to SHANGHAI

25K - 14 cars SHANGHAI to BEJING

Both of them are blue destination boards. I have discovered that BLUE = Direct/special train T/Z number
GREEN = train number has no alphabet letter
RED = express train with K number

I will try to list what I have in my spares box - maybe tomorrow